Gum recession is one of the most common diseases across the globe. Some people consider it a natural problem and think that nothing can be done to treat it. But in reality, if you do not treat receding gums on time, it can lead to serious problems with the jaw structure. If you are willing to get it treated, don’t worry there are various specialists which offer treatment for the same, and even you can follow some effective home remedies to get rid of it to an extent.
Any type of teeth infection or diseases affects the confidence level of the person. Due to side effects of these gum problems, the person is not able to speak up properly in public.
Signs of Receding Gums:
- Bad Breath: It is one of the most common signs of receding gum problem. The bad breath is not removed even after brushing or using mouthwashes.
- Swollen Gums: One more sign of receding gums is when you observe swelling in the gum area.
- Dark Red Gums: If you observe that your gums are dark red in color, it means you are suffering from receding gum problem.
- Bleeding Gums: If your gums bleed while or after brushing, it is one more sign of the problem.
- Longer teeth: If some of your teeth look longer in comparison to others, you might be suffering from gum problem.
Causes of Receding Gums
First, you need to understand the reason for receding gums. In most of the cases, periodontal gum diseases are considered as the main reason for the cause of receding gums. Without understanding the root cause of the disease, you will not be able to find out the best treatment for it. For any type of gum disease, the excess of bacteria in the mouth is the main reason. If your body is not able to remove these bacteria from the mouth, it can lead to serious gum problems.
One of such diseases due to mouth bacteria is receding gums. You can visit a specialist to get rid of the receding gums, but it will not be a permanent solution. For a permanent treatment, you should inculcate some good habits in your daily lifestyle to get rid of receding gums. Here are some home remedies which will be helpful tocure receding gums easily without any expenses too.
Some other factors which lead to receding gum problem are:
- Bad nutrition
- Poor dental hygiene
- Hormonal issues
You should be careful while buying any chemical-based or harsh product as it can have some toxic substance in it, leading to some side effects on it.
Home Remedies for Gum Receding
There are various home remedies which can be helpful for you to get rid of receding gums at your home.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: About 300 mg of omega 3 fatty acid consumption on a daily basis can improve the gum condition drastically. It also helps to get rid of chronic periodontitis which is the main cause of receding gums.
- Green Tea: It is one of the famous drinks, which need to be included in your daily diet for various benefits. It has anti-aging components and it also promotes healthy teeth and gums. Research proves that drinking a cup of green tea on daily basis improves the condition of the gums and even reduces the gum bleeding too. To get better results, you can increase the green tea consumption too.
- Oil Pulling: It is one of the oldest remedies to treat gum problems. Ayurveda recommends swishing of sesame or coconut oil in your mouth on a daily basis minimum for 10 minutes. It helps in removing toxins from the bad mouth, cavity prevention, and removal of mouth bacteria too. Its effectiveness is considered as when we use mouthwash on a daily basis to get rid of bad breath.
- Rub Coconut Oil and Sea Salt: To reduce the effect of receding gums, you should apply a mixture of coconut oil and sea salt for a couple of minutes on a daily basis. You should rinse with fresh water after applying it. It has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which help in providing relief in the long run.
- Vitamin C: You should boost the consumption of vitamin C–rich food to get rid of inflammation or bleeding gums. You should consume food items like oranges, red peppers, broccoli, etc.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is one of the richest herbs in the world. It is used in the manufacturing of toothpaste, gels, and mouthwashes. It plays a vital role in maintaining oral hygiene. It improves inflamed and periodontal gums. You can consume it or can apply it directly on the gums to get best results.
- Septilin: It is an ayurvedic medicine which is used to improve the immunity of the person and also helps in fighting numerous infections too.
- Amla/Gooseberry: It is a rebuilder for oral health and helps in the building of connective tissue. It should be consumed on the regular basis if you are suffering from receding gums. It can be taken orally or in the form of a capsule too. If you can take try to take raw amla or fresh juice of amla, it will be more beneficial for the treatment.
- Flossing: Flossing can be done at home too; you need to select natural floss, which should not contain any harmful compounds or PFOA. You should choose floss carefully.
- Mouthwash: There are a variety of mouthwashes available in the market, but you should select the one made up of oregano oil. The oil has properties which help in fighting from fungus, bacteria, or any type of parasite or virus in the mouth. It heals the receded gums.
All the above-mentioned remedies are helpful for you in treating receding gums at home only. You can getmore natural remedies from howtocure.com to cure your health problems.