Depression is something that makes you look sick and tired every time and you can’t really help the situation unless you go through some real therapies and treatments. It makes you feel helpless and lose your interest in work. Medication is quite simple and easy but one should first try things on his own. To fight back, you need to take up natural treatments and therapies like regular exercise, proper sleep, changing your behavior and lifestyles and the most important thing is to stay happy always. There are few natural remedies that will surely help you fight depression and get over it. Though these are not the sure shot methods and takes real focus in order to do them.
- Regular exercise- getting a daily routine of exercise is the best way to fight all your inner problems and to stay fit. It however helps stimulate endorphins in your system which will boost you throughout the day. Doctors all over the world suggest regular exercise for everyone. It helps reduce stress and relieve depression. Brisk walk also helps in case running is not possible.
- Proper sleep- depression can occur if you don’t get proper sleep of at least 7-8 hours. The body works throughout the day and it needs sufficient time to rejuvenate itself and for this one should get a sound sleep.
- Set goals for you- it often happens when one is depressed; it feels like the end of the world. But it is not so. To avoid that, put forward daily goals or tasks that will not only keep you busy all day but will also leave you with positive energy.
- Take on more work and responsibilities- depression causes you to pull back yourself from office, work and duties. But this should be avoided. You should rather stand and take more and more responsibilities and make sure that you do them in time and to the best of your caliber.
- Eat healthy and stay fit- though there is no magic diet that will help you get over depression but there are ways you can control it. Eating good is the first step towards it because in depression people tend to skip their meals. Studies have shown that folic acid (such as spinach and avocado) and omega-3 fatty acids (such as salmon and tuna) can help.
- Have a daily routine- sleeping late, getting up late in the morning, taking too much stress of work, skipping meals, not having a sound sleep, these are some general causes of depression. Thus it is advisable to have a proper routine or a schedule right from morning till night so that the body gets enough time to rest with proper diet.
- Get away with the negative thoughts- change the way you feel and think about yourself, life and others. The more you think negative, the more stress you take and the more depress you’d be. In such situations people leap to the worst possible conclusions. To fight back, you need to open up your thoughts and mind. Look beyond the negatives of your life.